- Verify you have the most up-to-date and correct pointing device (touch, pen, mouse, etc.) driver for your system
- Application Focus / input focus / typing into the desired window - most issues are caused by multiple windows - verify the desired window is selected and has the keyboard input focus. Also check the OnScreen Setup | User Options | Operation Options & Help for more options in working with various input devices.
- Network Logon - works best in as clean a system as possible. Working with virus scans, secure desktops, or other non-standard windows software have been reported as causing lock-ups, or lack of proper operation.
- ELO TouchSystems (95/98/Me/NT) - "Track Pointing Device Input at All Times" MUST be checked on to operate with ELO drivers - see OnScreen Setup | User Options | Operation Options & read Help for more details
- eTurboWare Touchscreen drivers - "Track Pointing Device Input at All Times" MUST be checked on AND the "Button" Mode must be selected for their driver (NOT Desktop Mode) - see My-T-Pen Setup | Configuration | Operation Options & read Help for more details
- MicroTouch TouchWare Monitor - NT/2000. We have received a report that there is inconsistent operation of our software when opened from a minimized icon on taskbar in Windows 2000 when the TouchWare monitor has been removed from the StartUp Group. Check MicroTouch for the latest release.
Original ID: PC223770
|Category: Common||Type: Problem/Resolution||Product: OnScreen|